4th Annual Latino Civic Leadership Training (LCLT)
CLLARO is proud to announce the 4th Annual Latino Civic Leadership Training (LCLT). The purpose of LCLT is to prepare the next generation of Latinas and Latinos interested in running for public office or serving as campaign managers. This program will provide future candidates and civic leaders with the essentials to run a strong campaign. After successfully completing this training, you will have gained invaluable knowledge and insight from some of the best trainers in the political arena.
Saturday, April 27th and
Sunday, April 28th
309 W. 1st Ave. Denver
Click here for an application.
Applications must be submitted by
Friday, April 20th.
- Fill the need for Latino representation and leadership in Colorado
- Multi-partisan outreach and participation
- Build a strong coalition of Latino leaders
- Prepare Latino candidates for future election cycles
- Develop campaign managers and provide tools for success
- Establish strong, effective cross-training and mentorship for newly-trained candidates and managers
Training Topics to be covered:
Campaign Plan – Big picture elements of candidate preparation: what it takes to run and developing a campaign team
Fundraising - Fundraising strategies and campaign finance rules & ethics violations
Campaign Message - Understanding messaging and media strategies
Mobilization Field Plan - Using direct voter contact and one-on-one: how to talk to voters
Registration fee is $50.
This covers the training, materials, light breakfast, lunches, snacks and reception on Sunday. Registration fee must be paid prior to the training.
For more information, please contact Kathy Maestas at 303-722-5150 Ext. 108 or Kathy.Maestas@cllaro.org
Latino Civic Leadership Training Resources